Main Article Content
The purpose of this research is to identify the heat waves of the South Sea of Iran and compare the conditions in the present and future. To reach this goal, the average daily temperature of 35 years has been used. Also, in order to predict future heat waves, the maximum temperature data of four models of the CMIP5 model series, according to the RCP 8.5 scenario, has been used for the period 2040-2074. In order to reverse the output of the climatic models, artificial neural networks were used to identify the thermal waves, and the Fumiaki index was used to determine the thermal waves. Using the programming in MATLAB software, the days when their temperature exceeded 2 standard deviations as a thermal wave were identified. The results of the research show that the short-term heat waves are more likely to occur. Heat waves in the base period have a significant but poorly developed trend, so that the frequency has increased in recent years. In the period from 2040 to 2074, the frequency of thermal waves has a significant decreasing trend, but usually with low coefficients. However, for some stations from 2040 to 2074, the frequency of predicted heat waves increased.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Arafeh-Dalmau N, Schoeman DS, Monta˜no-Moctezuma G, et al. Marine heat waves threaten kelp forests. Science, 2020, 367(6478): 635-635. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aba5244
- Lhotka O, Kysel´y J and Farda A. Climate change scenarios of heat waves in Central Europe and their uncertainties. Theoretical and applied climatology, 2018, 131(3-4): 1043- 1054. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-016-2031-3
- Gao M, Yang J, Wang B, et al. How are heat waves over Yangtze River valley associated with atmospheric quasibiweekly oscillation? Climate Dynamics, 2018, 51(11-12): 4421-4437. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-017-3526-z
- Zhao L, Oppenheimer M, Zhu Q, et al. Interactions between urban heat islands and heat waves. Environmental research letters, 2018, 13(3): 034003. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/aa9f73
- Coquet S, Labadie M, Vivier-Darrigol M, et al. Early heat wave and heat stroke during distance running, April 2017, France. Revue d’ ´ Epid´emiologie et de Sant´e Publique, 2018, 66: S341. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respe.2018.05.281
- Varghese BM, Barnett AG, Hansen AL, et al. Characterising the impact of heatwaves on work-related injuries and illnesses in three Australian cities using a standard heatwave definition-Excess Heat Factor (EHF). Journal of exposure science & environmental epidemiology, 2019, 29(6): 821- 830. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41370-019-0138-1
- Sherbakov T, Malig B, Guirguis K, et al. Ambient temperature and added heat wave effects on hospitalizations in California from 1999 to 2009. Environmental research, 2018, 160: 83-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2017.08.052
- Moriarty P and Honnery D. Future cities in a warming world. Futures, 2015, 66(1): 45-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2014.12.009
- Takada M, Sotokawa H, Ishimaru Y, et al. U.S. Patent No. 9,664,452.Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. 2017.
- Raghavendra A, Dai A, Milrad SM, et al. Floridian heatwaves and extreme precipitation: future climate projections. Climate Dynamics, 2019, 52(1-2): 495-508. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-018-4148-9
- Geirinhas JL, Trigo RM, Libonati R, et al. Characterizing the atmospheric conditions during the 2010 heatwave in Rio de Janeiro marked by excessive mortality rates. Science of The Total Environment, 2019, 650: 796-808. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.09.060
- Imada Y, Shiogama H, Takahashi C, et al. Climate change increased the likelihood of the 2016 heat extremes in Asia. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 2018, 99(1): S97-S101. https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0109.1
- Cox PM, Huntingford C andWilliamson MS. Emergent constraint on equilibrium climate sensitivity from global temperature variability. Nature, 2018, 553(7688): 319-322. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature25450
- Cheung WW and Fr¨olicher TL. Marine heatwaves exacerbate climate change impacts for fisheries in the northeast Pacific. Scientific reports, 2020, 10(1): 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-63650-z
- Shanks AL, Rasmuson LK, Valley JR, et al. Marine heat waves, climate change, and failed spawning by coastal invertebrates. Limnology and Oceanography, 2020, 65(3): 627- 636. https://doi.org/10.1002/lno.11331
- Javadinejad S, Hannah D, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. The impact of future climate change and human activities on hy¬dro-climatological drought, analysis and projections: using CMIP5 climate model simulations. Water Con¬servation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(2-3): 71- 88. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00069-2
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Health impacts of extreme events. Safety in Extreme Environments, 2020, 1: 1- 11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42797-020-00016-8
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, Singh VP, et al. Reliable, Resilient, and Sustainable Water Management in Different Water Use Sectors. Water Conservation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(2-3): 133-148. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00073-6
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. Relationship Between Climate Change, Natural Disaster, and Resilience in Rural and Urban Societies, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93336-8_189
- Javadinejad S. Vulnerability of water resources to climate change and human impact: scenario analysis of the Zayandeh Rud river basin in Iran (Doctoral dissertation, University of Birmingham), 2016.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Climate Change Scenarios and Effects on Snow-Melt Runoff. Civil Engineering Journal, 2020, 6(9): 1715-1725. https://doi.org/10.28991/cej-2020-03091577
- Javadinejad S, Jafary RDF. Effect of Precipita¬tion Characteristics on Spatial and Temporal Varia-tions of Landslide in Kermanshah Province in Iran. Journal of Geographical Research, 2019, 2(04). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v2i4.1818
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Potential impact of climate change on temperature and humidity re¬lated human health effects during extreme condition. Safety in Extreme Environments, 2020, 1(1): 1-7.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Analysis and pri¬oritization the effective factors on increasing farmers resilience under climate change and drought, Agri¬cultural research, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40003-020-00516-w
- Javadinejad S, Mariwan RDMHH, Hamah A, et al. Analysis of Gray Water Recycling by Reuse of Industrial Waste Water for Agricultural and Irrigation Purposes. Journal of Geographical Re¬search, 2020, 3(2). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v3i2.2056
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Impacts of Ex¬treme Events on Water Availability. Annals of Geo¬graphical Studies, 2019, 2(3): 16-24.
- Javadinejad S and Jafary RDF. Gray Water Measure¬ment and Feasibility of Retrieval Using Innova-tive Technology and Application in Water Resources Management in Isfahan-Iran. Journal of Geographi¬cal Research, 2020, 3(02). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v3i2.1997
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S and Ostad-Ali-Askari K. Investigation of monthly and seasonal changes of methane gas with respect to climate change using satellite data. Applied Water Science, 2019, 9(8): 180. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13201-019-1067-9
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K and Eslamian S. Application of Multi-Index Decision Analysis to Management Scenarios Considering Climate Change Prediction in the Zayandeh Rud River Basin. Water Conservation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(1): 53-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00068-3
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Taking Urgent Actions to Combat Climate Change Impacts. Annals of Geographical Studies, 2019, 2(4): 1-13.
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. Encyclo ¬pedia of Engineering Geology. Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences Series. Springer, Cham, 2018, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12127-7_105-1
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K and Jafary F. Using simulation model to determine the regulation and to optimize the quantity of chlorine injection in water distribution networks. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 2019, 5(3): 1015-1023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-019-00587-x
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S and Ostad-Ali-Askari. The Analysis of the Most Important Climatic Parame¬ters Affecting Performance of Crop Variability in a Changing Climate. International journal of hydrology science and technology, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJHST.2021.10030536
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. Encyclo ¬pedia of Engineering Geology. Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences Series. Springer, Cham, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12127-7_105-1
- Javadinejad S. The 2008 Morpeth Flood: Continu¬ous Simulation Model for the Wansbeck Catchment. Ebook, Grin publication, 2011.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Analysis and prioritization the effective factors on increasing farmers resilience under climate change and drought. Agricultural research, 2020, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40003-020-00516-w
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Modelling groundwater level fluctuation in an Indian coastal aquifer. Water SA, 2020, 46(4): 665-671. https://doi.org/10.17159/wsa/2020.v46.i4.9081
- Mirramazani SM, Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, et al. The Origin of River Sediments, the Associated Dust and Climate Change. Journal of Flood Engineering, Kalahari Publication, 2019, 11(1): 36-57. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12127-7_105-1
- Mirramazani SM, Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, et al. A Feasibility Study of Urban Green Space Design in the Form of Smart Arid Landscaping with Rainwater Harvesting, American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 1-10. https://doi.org/0.3844/ajeassp.201
- Abdollahi S, Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. Investigating the Effects of Landfill in Azad-Shahr City on the Physicochemical Properties of Groundwater. American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2019, 12(2): 136-146. https://doi.org/10.3844/ajeassp.2019.136.146