Main Article Content
Nowadays, one of the most significant problems is that to recognize how the severity of heavy precipitation and floods may alter in future time in comparison with the current period. The purpose of this research is to understand the impact of future climate change on storm water and probability of maximum flood for future time period. Zayandeh rud river basin in Iran is selected as a case study. Forecast of future climatic parameters based on temperature and precipitation of the upcoming period (2006-2040) is completed with using the HadCM3 model and based on RCP 2.6, 4.5, and 8.5 emission patterns. Also, climate change model is downscaled statistically with applying LARS-WG. In the next step, the probable of maximum precipitation is measured through synoptic method and then, in order to model maximum storm water under the climate change effects, the HEC-HMS for simulating rainfall-runoff model is used. Also, the Snowmelt Runoff Model (SRM) is applied to model snow melting. The results of this research indicate the maximum of probable precipitation in the basin for the period of 2006-2040 under the scenario RCP 2.6, can rise by 5% and by the scenarios of RCP 4.5 and RCP 8.5 can decrease by 5% and 10%, respectively in comparison with the current period 1970-2005.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K and Jafary F. Using simulation model to determine the regulation and to optimize the quantity of chlorine injection in water distribution networks. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 2019, 5(3): 1015-1023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-019-00587-x
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S and Ostad-Ali-Askari. The Analysis of the Most Important Climatic Parameters Affecting Performance of Crop Variability in a Changing Climate. International journal of hydrology science and technology, 2018.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Evaluation of hydro-meteorological drought indices for characterizing historical and future droughts and their impact on groundwater. Resources Environment and Information Engineering, 2020, 2(1): 71-83. https://doi.org/10.25082/REIE.2020.01.003
- Javadinejad S. The 2008 Morpeth Flood: Continuous Simulation Model for the Wansbeck Catchment. Ebook, Grin publication. 2011.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Analysis and prioritization the effective factors on increasing farmers resilience under climate change and drought. Agricultural research, 2020, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40003-020-00516-w
- Mirramazani SM, Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, et al. The origin of river sediments, the associated dust and climate change, 2019, 8(2): 149-172.
- Kundzewicz ZW, Su B, Wang Y, et al. Flood risk in a range of spatial perspectives–from global to local scales. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, 2019, 19(7): 1319-1328.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Taking Urgent Actions to Combat Climate Change Impacts. Annals of Geographical Studies, 2019, 2(4): 1-13.
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. Embankments. In: Bobrowsky P., Marker B. (eds) Encyclopedia of Engineering Geology. Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences Series. Springer, Cham. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12127-7_105-1
- Arnell NW, Brown S, Gosling SN, et al. Global-scale climate impact functions: the relationship between climate forcing and impact. Climatic Change, 2016, 134(3): 475-487. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-013-1034-7
- Arnell NW and Gosling SN. The impacts of climate change on river flood risk at the global scale. Climatic Change, 2016, 134(3): 387-401. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-014-1084-5
- Chen X and Hossain F. Understanding future safety of dams in a changing climate. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 2019, 100(8): 1395-404. https://agupubs.Onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/2017WR021094
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S and Ostad-Ali-Askari K. Investigation of monthly and seasonal changes of methane gas with respect to climate change using satellite data. Applied Water Science, 2019, 9(8): 180. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13201-019-1067-9
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K and Eslamian S. Application of Multi-Index Decision Analysis to Management Scenarios Considering Climate Change Prediction in the Zayandeh Rud River Basin. Water Conservation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(1): 53-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00068-3
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Gray Water Measurement and Feasibility of Retrieval Using Innovative Technology and Application in Water Resources Management in Isfahan-Iran. Journal of Geographical Research, 2020, 3(2). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v3i2.1997
- Mirramazani SM, Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, et al. A Feasibility Study of Urban Green Space Design in the Form of Smart Arid Landscaping with Rainwater Harvesting, American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2019. https://doi.org/0.3844/ajeassp.201.1-9
- Javadinejad S, Dara R, Hamed MH, et al. Analysis of Gray Water Recycling by Reuse of Industrial Waste Water for Agricultural and Irrigation Purposes. Journal of Geographical Research, 2020, 3(2). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v3i2.2056
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Analysis and prioritization the effective factors on increasing farmers resilience under climate change and drought, Agricultural research, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40003-020-00516-w
- Gobiet A, Kotlarski S, Beniston M, et al. 21st century climate change in the European Alps-a review. Science of the Total Environment, 2014, 493: 1138-1151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.07.050
- Javadinejad S, Dara R, Jafary F, et al. Climate change management strategies to handle and cope with extreme weather and climate events. Journal of Geographical Research, 2020, 3(4). http://dx.doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v3i4.2324
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Potential impact of climate change on temperature and humidity related human health effects during extreme condition. Safety in Extreme Environments, 2020, 2(2): 189-195. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42797-020-00021-x
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Modelling groundwater level fluctuation in an Indian coastal aquifer. Water SA, 2020, 46(4): 665-671. https://doi.org/10.17159/wsa/2020.v46.i4.9081
- Dadson SJ, Hall JW, Murgatroyd A, et al. A restatement of the natural science evidence concerning catchment-based natural’flood management in the UK. Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 2017, 473(2199). https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2016.0706
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Investigation of the effect of climate change on heat waves. Resources Environment and Information Engineering, 2020, 2(1): 54-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.25082/reie.2020.01.001
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Effect of Precipitation Characteristics on Spatial and Temporal Varia-tions of Landslide in Kermanshah Province in Iran. Journal of Geographical Research, 2019, 2(4). https://doi.org/10.30564/jgr.v2i4.1818
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Climate Change Scenarios and Effects on Snow-Melt Runoff. Civil Engineering Journal, 2020, 6(9): 1715-1725 https://doi.org/10.28991/cej-2020-03091577
- Javadinejad S. Vulnerability of water resources to climate change and human impact: scenario analysis of the Zayandeh Rud river basin in Iran (Doctoral dissertation, University of Birmingham), 2016.
- Arabzadeh R, Kholoosi MM and Bazrafshan J. Regional hydrological drought monitoring using principal components analysis. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 2016, 142(1). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943
- Javadinejad S, Eslamian S, Ostad-Ali-Askari, K, et al. Relationship Between Climate Change, Natural Disaster, and Resilience in Rural and Urban Societies, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93336-8_189
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Impacts of Extreme Events on Water Availability. Annals of Geographical Studies, 2019, 2(3): 16-24.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. Examining the association between dust and sediment and evaluating the impact of climate change on dust and providing adaptation. Resources Environment and Information Engineering, 2020, 2(1): 61-70. http://dx.doi.org/10.25082/reie.2020.01.002
- Javadinejad S, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, Singh VP, et al. Reliable, Resilient, and Sustainable Water Management in Different Water Use Sectors. Water Conservation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(2-3): 133-148. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00073-6
- Harris CR. Green Infrastructure for Chesapeake Stormwater Management in a Changing Climate. Envtl. L. Rep. News & Analysis, 2018, 48: 10150.
- Beery T. Engaging the private homeowner (2018) Linking climate change and green stormwater infrastructure. Sustainability, 10(12): 4791. https://doi.org/10.3390/su10124791
- Javadinejad S, Hannah D, Ostad-Ali-Askari K, et al. The impact of future climate change and human activities on hydro-climatological drought, analysis and projections: using CMIP5 climate model simulations. Water Conservation Science and Engineering, 2019, 4(2-3): 71-88. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41101-019-00069-2
- Douglas EM, Kirshen PH, Bosma K, et al. Simulating the impacts and assessing the vulnerability of the central artery/tunnel system to sea level rise and increased coastal flooding. Journal of Extreme Events, 2016, 3(4):1650013. https://doi.org/10.1142/S2345737616500135
- Javadinejad S, Dara R and Jafary F. How groundwater level can predict under the effect of climate change by using artificial neural networks of NARX. Resources Environment and Information Engineering, 2020, 2(1): 90-99. https://doi.org/10.25082/REIE.2020.01.005
- Javadinejad S, Hannah DH, Krause SK, et al. The impacts of climate change on energy-water systems and economic analysis. The Iraqi Geological Journal, 2020, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.46717/igj.53.2F.1Ms-2020-12-24
- Javadinejad S, Hannah D, Krause S, et al. Building socio-hydrological resilience “improving capacity for building a socio hydrological system resilience”. Safety in Extreme Environments, 2021, 1-14.
- Javadinejad S, Dara R, Jafary F, et al. A Review on Homogeneity across Hydrological Regions. Biogeneric Science and Research, 2021, 30, 7(4). https://biogenericpublishers.com/pdf/JBGSR.MS.ID.00173.pdf
- Dara R, Jirjees S, Fatah KK, et al. Climatic Parameters Analysis of Koysinjaq Meteorological Station, Kurdistan Region, Northern Iraq. Iraqi Geological Journal, 2021, 54(1A): 99-109. https://doi.org/10.46717/igj.54.1A.9Ms-2021-01-30