Main Article Content
An EPR study of the paramagnetic centers formed by γ irradiation of polycrystalline NaVO3 was made at 77 K and room temperature was performed. According to their EPR parameters and thermal behavior, the centers were attributed to: VȮ3, VȮ32-, VO, VO+, Ȯ2- radicals. The spin-spin relaxation time was calculated from the derivative peak-to-peak line widths assuming Lorentzian lines. A mechanism of the paramagnetic species formation was proposed.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Hanson G and Berliner L. Biological Magnetic Resonance. High Resolution EPR, Applications to Metalloenzymes and Metals in Medicine, 2009, 28(12): 507-510.
- Huang C, Chen N, Ma WY, et al. Vanadium induces AP- 1- and NFkappB-dependent transcription activity. International Journal of Oncology, 1998, 13(4): 711-715. https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.13.4.711
- Sheu C, Rodriguez WI and Lee JK. Proliferation and morphological transformation of BALB/3T3 cells by a prolonged treatment with sodium orthovanadate. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 1992, 30(4): 307-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/0278-6915(92)90008-9
- Murat A, Osmanoglu S, Baskan H, et al. Radiation damage produced in single crystal of iminodiacetic acid hydrobromide. Journal of Molecular Structure, 2010, 975(1-3): 30- 32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2010.03.073
- Carrington A and Luckhurst GR. Electron spin resonance line widths of transition metal ions in solution. Relaxation through zero-field splitting. Molecular Physics, 1964, 8(2): 125-132. https://doi.org/10.1080/00268976400100161
- Rogers RN and Pake GE. Paramagnetic relaxation in solutions of VO++. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1960, 33(4): 1107-1111. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1731342
- Kivelson D. Theory of ESR linewidths of free radicals. Journal of Chemical Physics,1960, 33(4): 1094-1106. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1731340
- Atkins PW and Kivelson D. ESR linewidths in solution. II. Analysis of spin-rotational relaxation data. Journal of Chemical Physics,1966, 44(1): 169-174. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1726440
- Freed JH and Frenkel GK. Theory of Linewidths in Electron Spin Resonance Spectra. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1963, 39(2): 326-348. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1734250
- McConell HM. Effect of Anisotropic Hyperfine Interactions on Paramagnetic Relaxation in Liquids. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1956, 25(4): 709-711. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1743033
- Pake GE. Paramagnetic Resonance, 1962, W.A. Benjamin, Inc. New York.
- Atherton NM. Electron Spin Resonance Theory and Applications, 1973, John Wiley Sons Inc. New York.
- Wilson R and Kivelson D. ESR linewidths in solution. I. Experiments on anisotropic and spinrotational effects. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1966, 44(1): 154-168. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1726439
- Walker FA, Carlin RL and Rieger PH. ESR Studies of Coordination to the Sixth Position of Vanadyl Acetylacetonate. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1966, 45(11): 4181-4189. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1727477
- Campbell RF and Freed JH. Slow-motional ESR spectra for vanadyl complexes and their model dependence. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 1980, 84(20): 2668-2680. https://doi.org/10.1021/j100457a038
- Contineanu M and Constantinescu O. Nature and properties of the radical species formed during the radiolysis of some oxianions. Revista de Chimie,2000, 51(1): 831-836. https://doi.org/10.37358/Rev.Chim.1949
- Contineanu M and Stanciu A. A study of radical species made up at the potassium selenite radiolysis. Revista de Chimie, 1998, 49(1): 751-755. https://doi.org/10.37358/Rev.Chim.1949
- Contineanu M and Neacsu A. Radical species formed by gamma radiolysis of polycrystalline telluric acid. Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 2006, 5(11): 1069-1078. http://web.icf.ro/rrch
- Contineanu M and Neacsu A. Study of radicalic species performed by irradiation of polycristaline Na2MoO4. Revista de Chimie, 2007, 58(12): 1203-1206. https://doi.org/10.37358/Rev.Chim.1949
- Contineanu M, Stanciu A and Neacsu A. Thermal annealing kinetics of radicals formed by the radiolysis in polycrystalline solid state of sodium wolframate. Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 2010, 55(8): 467-474. http://web.icf.ro/rrch
- McCain DC and Myers RJ. Spin-lattice and spin-spin relaxation times for VO2+ in aqueous solution. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 1967, 71(1): 192-200. https://doi.org/10.1021/j100860a022
- Jarke FH and Ashford NA. Electron paramagnetic resonance investigation of NO3, NO32, and O2 in irradiated NH4NO3. Journal of Chemical Physics, 1975, 62(7): 2923- 2924. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.430802