Main Article Content
Scope of biofuel certification is reviewed. It has been found that a biofuel certification is needed in the biofuels industry to authenticate biodiesel and its blends for use in diesel engines.In the world, a standard energy audit method is required to evaluate the feasibility of biodiesel blend as fuel and also harmonise the research of biodiesel as fuel. Leagal measures for biofuel certification is required. There are various obstacles and challenges for biofuel certification. Therefore, this paper addresses the legal measures, obstacles and challenges for biofuel certification.
biofuel certification, leagal measures, obstacles and challenges
How to Cite
Mohite, S. (2023). Biofuel certification. Resources and Environmental Economics, 5(1), 376-378. https://doi.org/10.25082/REE.2023.01.001
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Mohite S and Maji S. Biofuel Certification performance: a review & analysis. European Journal of Sustainable Development Research, 2020, 4(3): em0124. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejosdr/7864
- Mohite S and Maji S. Importance of energy audit in diesel engine fuelled with biodiesel blends: review and analysis. European Journal of Sustainable Development Research, 2020, 4(2): em0118. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejosdr/7596
- Pols AJK. The rationality of biofuel certification: A critical examination of EU biofuel policy. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 2015, 28: 667-681. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10806-015-9550-2
- Pelkmans L, Devriendt N, Goovaerts L, et al. Prospective study: Implementation of sustainability requirements for biofuels and bio-energy and related issues for markets and trade. Flemish Institute for Technological Research, Boeretang, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.2527.4403
- Lebel L and Lorek S. Enabling sustainable production-consumption systems. Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 2008, 33: 241-275. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.environ.33.022007.145734
- Buergelt D, Christoph-Schulz I B, Salamon P, et al. Impacts of sustainability labels on consumers' purchasing decisions for fish. The ethics of consumption: the citizen, the market and the law, 2013: 39-45.
- Diniz APMM, Sargeant R and Millar GJ. Stochastic techno-economic analysis of the production of aviation biofuel from oilseeds. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 2018, 11: 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13068-018-1158-0
- Resurreccion EP, Roostaei J, Martin M J, et al. The case for camelina-derived aviation biofuel: sustainability underpinnings from a holistic assessment approach. Industrial Crops and Products, 2021, 170: 113777. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2021.113777
- Anderson BJ, Mueller DW, Hoard SA, et al. Social Science Applications in Sustainable Aviation Biofuels Research: Opportunities, Challenges, and Advancements. Frontiers in Energy Research, 2022, 9: 771849. https://doi.org/10.3389/fenrg.2021.771849
- Baudry G, Delrue F, Legrand J, et al. The challenge of measuring biofuel sustainability: A stakeholder-driven approach applied to the French case. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2017, 69: 933-947. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.022
- Devereaux C, Lee H. Biofuels and Certification: A Workshop at Harvard Kennedy School. Discussion Paper 2009-07, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Cambridge, MA, 2009.
- Cramer J. (2007). Testing framework for sustainable biomass, 2007. https://betterbiomass.nl
- Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels. RSB principles and criteria for sustainable biofuel production. [RSB-STD-01-001 (Version 2.0)], 2010. https://www.scsglobalservices.com
- Clancy JM, Curtis J and Ó'Gallachóir B. Modelling national policy making to promote bioenergy in heat, transport and electricity to 2030-Interactions, impacts and conflicts. Energy Policy, 2018, 123: 579-593. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2018.08.012
- Narwane VS, Yadav VS, Raut RD, et al. Sustainable development challenges of the biofuel industry in India based on integrated MCDM approach. Renewable Energy, 2021, 164: 298-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2020.09.077