Main Article Content
Single-stage process of obtaining active carbon by thermal processing of plant raw materials (mixture of different types of wood sawdust), impregnated with the mixture of phosphoric acid, urea and nitric acid salts has been developed. Active influence of impregnates on the process of carbonization and formation of carbon residue has been formed. It is established that carbon residue obtained in the interval of heating 20°С–(500°С–700)°С, possesses high sorption activity to the vapors of organic compounds and has ion-exchange capacity. It has been showed that the value of carton residue depending on the impregnate used in the wood increases compared to the yield of non-treated initial raw materials by 3.1 times at 600°С and by 4.2 times at 700°С.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Belyaev EYu. Production and use of activated charcoal for environmental purposes. Chemistry of plant raw materials, 2000, 2: 5-15.
- Sych NV, Kartel’ NT, Nikolaichuk AD, et al. Integrated processing of anthracite into sorption materials. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2006, 79(5): 722-726.
- Lillo-Rodenas MA, Lozano-Castello D, Cazorla-Amoros D, et al. Preparation of activated carbons from Spanish anthracite-II. Activation by NaOH Carbon, 2001, 39(5): 751-759.
- Kononova ON, Danilenko NV, Kachin SV, et al. Sorption of gold and silver on carbon adsorbents from thiocyanate solutions. Carbon, 2005, 43(1): 17-22.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2004.08.021
- Strelko VV, Gerasimenko NV and Kartel’ NT. Combined activation of anthracite. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2001, 74(6): 958-960.
- Kartel’ NT, Gerasimenko NV and Strelko VV. Influence of combined treatment before a activation on the development of pore structure of anthracite. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2002, 75(9): 1411-1415.https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022212525438
- Sych NV, Kartel’ NT, Strelko VV, et al. Composite sorbing materials based on porous carbon powders. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2004, 77(2): 205-208.
- Morozova AA and Brezhneva YV. Carbon fibre materials based on secondary stock from the flax-processing industry. Fibre Chemisty, 2001, 33(1): 48-52.https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1019233731614
- Ustinov EA. Multicomponent equilibrium adsorbton on heterogeneous adsorbents. Adsorption, 2000, 6(3): 195-204.https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008977725974
- GOST 20255.1-89. Ion-exchange resins. Method of determining static ion-exchange capacity. IPK Publishing house of standards, Moscow, Russian, 2002.
- GOST 6217-74. Wood crushed activated carbon. Specifications. IPK Publishing house of standards, Moscow, Russian, 2003.
- Luneva NK and Petrovskaya LI. Performance of intumescent fire retardant for wood. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2008, 81(4): 704-707.https://doi.org/10.1134/S1070427208040265
- Luneva NK and Petrovskaya LI. Effect of some ammonium salts on thermal decomposition of impregnated wood and properties of activated carbons. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2009, 82(7): 1200-1204.https://doi.org/10.1134/S1070427209070088
- Luneva NK and Gavrilov MZ. Ion exchange properties of heat-treated NH4Cl-containing cellulose regenerated. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2011, 84(3): 368-371.https://doi.org/10.1134/S1070427211030050
- Luneva NK and Petrovskaya LI. Development of new water-treatment-resistant fire- and bioprotective preparations for wood. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2011, 84(10): 1772-1777.https://doi.org/10.1134/S1070427211100168
- Luneva NK, Onufreichuk AV, Ezovitova TI, et al. Composition of a wood combustion inhibitor based on magnesium complex containing phosphorus and nitrogen. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2017, 90(9): 1459-1468.https://doi.org/10.1134/S1070427217090130
- GOST 2081-2010. Carbamide. Specifications. FGUP, “STANDARTINFORM”, Moscow, Russian, 2010.
- Lidin RA, Andreeva LL, Molochko VA. Constant of inorganic substances: handbook. Drofa, Moscow, Russian, 2008.
- Yagodovskii VD. Adsorption. BINOME. Laboratory of knowledge, Moscow, Russian, 2015.
- Shkol’nikov EI and Sidorova EV. Analytical equation for calculating the pore size distribution from adsorption data. Doklady Physical Chemistry, 2007, 412(3): 4-7.
- Condon JB. Surface area and porosity determinations by physisorption. Measurements and theory. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2006.
- Luneva NK, Safonova AM, Petrovskaya LI, et al. Method of producing active coal. BY Patent 17196, 2013. (In Russian)
- Deineko IP. Chemical transformations of cellulose under pyrolysis. Proceedings of high educational institutions. Forest Journal, 2004, 4: 96-112.
- Dyadin YuА. Graphite and its inclusion compounds. Sorov Educational Journal, 2000, 6(10): 43-49.
- Kasatochkin VI. Transite forms of carbon in the book “Structural forms of carbon and coals”. Science, Moscow, Russian, 1969: 7-16.
- Khaimann RB and Evsyukov SE. Carbon allotropy. Nature, 2003, 8: 66–72. (in Russian)
- Eletskii AV. Endohedral structures. Physics–Uspekhi, 2000, 43(2): 111-137.https://doi.org/10.3367/UFNr.0170.200002a.0113d
- Vasiliev LL, Kanonchik LE, Kulakov AG, et al. New sorbent materials for hydrogen storage and transportation. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2007, 32(18): 5015-5025.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2007.07.029