Main Article Content
How to Cite
Abramovich, S. (2019). Advances in education: from the Egyptian papyrus roll to signature pedagogies of the digital era. Advances in Educational Research and Evaluation, 1(1), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.25082/AERE.2019.01.001
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Dewey J, 1938, Experience and Education, Kappa Delta Pi, New York.
- Thorndike EL, 1912, Education: A First Book, MacMillan, New York.
- Freire P, 2003, Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Continuum, New York.
- Chase AB, Manning HP and Archibald RC, 1927, The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus, British Museum 10057 and 10058, vol. 1, Mathematical Association of America, Oberlin, OH.
- Dai Q and Cheung KL, 2015, The wisdom of traditional mathematics teaching in China, in How Chinese Teach Mathematics, World Scientific, Singapore, 3-42. https://doi.org/10.1142/9789814415828_0001
- Gulley N, 1962, Plato’s Theory of Knowledge, Methuen, London.
- Gullickson AR, 2002, The Student Evaluation Standards: How to Improve Evaluations of Students, Corwin Press, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Luchins AS, Mechanization in problem solving: The effect of Einstellung. Psychological Monographs, 1942, 54(6): 1- 95. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0093502
- Arnheim R, 1969, Visual Thinking, University of California Press, Berkeley and Los Angeles.
- Nejad MB, RashidiMand Oloumi MM. Avicenna’s educational views with emphasis on the education of hygiene and wellness. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 2013, 1(3): 201-205. https://doi.org/10.15171/ijhpm.2013.37
- Department for Education, 2013, National Curriculum in England: Mathematics Programmes of Study, viewed on September 20, 2019. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationalcurriculum-in-england-mathematics-programmes-of-study
- Ministry of Education Singapore, 2012, Mathematics Syllabus: Secondary One to Four. Normal (Technical) Course. Curriculum Planning and Development Division, viewed on September 20, 2019. https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllabuses
- Common Core State Standards, 2010, Common Core Standards Initiative: Preparing America’s Students for College and Career, viewed on September 20, 2019. http://www.corestandards.org
- Horlacher R. Vocational and liberal education in Pestalozzi’s educational theory. Pedagogia Y Saberes, 2019, 50: 109-120. https://doi.org/10.17227/pys.num50-9504
- Gershenfeld N, 2005, Fab: The Coming Revolution on Your Desktop - From Personal Computers to Personal Fabrication, Basic Books, New York.
- James W, 1983, Talks to Teachers on Psychology, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Montessori M, 1917, Spontaneous Activity in Education, Frederick A. Stokes Publishers, New York.
- Makiguchi T, 1989, Education for Creative Living, Iowa State University Press, Ames, IA.
- Martin J, 1983, What should we do with a hidden curriculum when we find one?, in The Hidden Curriculum and Moral Education: Deception or Discovery?, McCutchan, Berkeley, CA, 122-140.
- Revans RV, 1982, The Origin and Growth of Action Learning, Chartwell-Bratt, Brickley, England.
- Naftalin I. Action learning in higher education. Educational Management and Administration, 1996, 24(2): 193-205. https://doi.org/10.1177/0263211X96242007
- Biggs J, 2003, Teaching for Quality Learning at University: What the Student Does, The Society for Research into Higher Education & Open University Press, Philadelphia, PA.
- Abramovich S, Grinshpan AZ and Milligan DL. Teaching mathematics through concept motivation and action learning. Educational Research International, 2019, ID 3745406: 13. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3745406
- Greenwood D and Levin M, 2007, Introduction to Action Research, 2nd edn, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Pressey SL. A simple apparatus which gives tests and scores - and teaches. School and Society, 1926, 23(586): 373-376.
- Lumsdaine, AA, 1960, Teaching machines: an introductory overview, in Teaching Machines and Programmed Learning: A Source Book, Department of Audio-Visual Instruction, National Education Association of the United States, 5-22.
- Skinner BF. Teaching machines. Science, 1958, 128(3330): 969-977. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.128.3330.969
- Rabardel P, 1995, Les Hommes et les Technologies, une Approche Cognitive des Instruments Contemporains [Men and Technologies, a Cognitive Approach to Contemporary Instruments], Armand Colin, Paris, France.
- Vygotsky LS, 1930, The instrumental method in psychology (talk given in 1930 at the Krupskaya Academy of Communist Education), Lev Vygotsky Archive, viewed September 20, 2019. https://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1930/instrumental.htm
- Shulman LS. Signature pedagogies in the professions. Daedalus, 2005, 134(3): 52-59. https://doi.org/10.1162/0011526054622015
- Bruner J, 1985, Vygotsky: A historical and conceptual perspective, in Culture, Communication, and Cognition: Vygotskian Perspectives, New York, Cambridge University Press, 21-34.
- Wiliam D, 2011, Embedded Formative Assessment, Solution Tree Press, Bloomington, IN.