Organizational evaluation and human resources behavior
Main Article Content
Internal evaluation is inextricably linked to increasing the efficiency of a school unit. The collection and evaluation of data on the performance of the school unit, the school class, and student potential is critical to increasing the effectiveness of a school structure. The purpose of this study is to determine how significantly a school's efficiency increases at all levels of its organizational structure when self-evaluation is used. According to the study's findings, the implementation of assessment within the context of the school classroom, lesson preparation, proper utilization of teaching time, and the use of alternative and innovative methods appear to have a direct impact on learning outcomes. Furthermore, feedback obtained through assessment aids in the improvement of learning performance and the design of lessons aimed at developing students' critical thinking, digital and soft skills.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Darling-Hammond, L. (1999). Teacher Quality and Student Achievement: A Review of State Policy Evidence. Seattle, WA: Center for the Study of Teaching and Policy, University of Washington. https://www.education.uw.edu
- Hatzipanagiotou, P. (2008) The role of culture in the effectiveness of the school organization, Training Guide, D. K. Mavroskoufis (Ed.) Intercultural Education and Training, Ministry of Education, pp.213–230, Thessaloniki.
- Hiebert, J., Stigler, J. W., & Manaster, A. B. (1999). Mathematical features of lessons in the TIMSS video study. Zentralblatt für Didaktik der Mathematik, 31, 196-201. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02652695
- Kalogiannakis, M., & Papadakis, S. (2019). Evaluating pre-service kindergarten teachers' intention to adopt and use tablets into teaching practice for natural sciences. International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation, 13(1), 113 – 127. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMLO.2019.10016617
- Kyriacou, C. (1997). Effective teaching in schools. Great Britain: STP. http://site.iugaza.edu.ps
- Maniati, T. (2016). The self-evaluation of the school unit: the theoretical framework and the quality indicators of the educational work proposed by the European Union and in the Socrates program. School and teacher evaluation: current trends, dilemmas and perspectives. Athens. 28-29 May 2016. Athens: Hellenic Review of Educational Evaluation, pp. 342-352. https://www.eletea.gr
- OECD. (2020). PISA 2018 Results (Volume V): Effective Policies, Successful Schools, PISA, OECD Publishing, Paris. https://doi.org/10.1787/ca768d40-en
- Ofsted. (2009). Twenty outstanding primary schools: Excelling against the odds. London. https://dera.ioe.ac.uk
- Pamuktsoglou, A. (2001). Effective school: Characteristics and Perceptions in an Attempt to Evaluate it. Inspection of Teachers Topics, 5, 81-90. http://www.pi-schools.gr
- Papadakis, S., Vaiopoulou, J., Kalogiannakis, M., & Stamovlasis, D. (2020). Developing and Exploring an Evaluation Tool for Educational Apps (E.T.E.A.) Targeting Kindergarten Children. Sustainability, 12(10), 4201. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12104201
- Paraskevopoulos, I. (1993). Scientific research methodology. Athens.
- Reynolds, D., Teddlie, C., Chapman, C., & Stringfield, S. (2015). Effective school processes. Retrieved from: The Routledge International Handbook of Educational Effectiveness and Improvement, Research, policy, and practice Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315679488.ch3
- Scheerens, J. (1990). School Effectiveness Research and the Development of Process Indicators of School Functioning. School Effectiveness and School Improvement, 1(1), 61-80. https://doi.org/10.1080/0924345900010106
- Scheerens, J. (2004). Review of school and instructional effectiveness research. UNESCO, Paris, France. https://ris.utwente.nl
- Scheerens, J. (2013). What is effective schooling? A review of current thought and practice. International Baccalaureate Organization. https://research.utwente.nl
- Sholekah, S., Suad, S., Madjdi, A. H., & Pratama, H. (2022). Influences of gadgets on students' learning achievement for elementary school. Advances in Mobile Learning Educational Research, 3(1), 541-547. https://doi.org/10.25082/AMLER.2023.01.002
- Solomon, I. (Ed.) (1999). Internal evaluation and planning of the educational project in the school unit. Athens: Pedagogical Institute-Evaluation Department. http://users.sch.gr
- Sukmayasa, I. M. H., & Sudiana, I. N. (2023). The effect of the whole language approach on learning motivation and productive communication skills of students. Advances in Mobile Learning Educational Research, 3(1), 596-601. https://doi.org/10.25082/AMLER.2023.01.008
- Susilawati, S., & Supriyatno, T. (2023). Problem-Based Learning model in improving critical thinking ability of elementary school students. Advances in Mobile Learning Educational Research, 3(1), 638-647. https://doi.org/10.25082/AMLER.2023.01.013
- Thoma, R. (2010). Factors of school effectiveness. Scientific Step, 14, 15-24. https://www.syllogosperiklis.gr
- Tsekouropoulos, G., Gkouna, O., Theocharis, D, & Gounas, A. (2022a). Innovative sustainable tourism development and entrepreneurship through sports events. Sustainability, 14, 4379. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14084379
- Tsekouropoulos, G., Kalouli, P., & Andreopoulou, Z. S. (2022b). Pre-school education close to natural environment: studying parameters on parental choice and dedication. Journal of Agricultural Informatics, 12(1), 24-31. https://doi.org/10.17700/jai.2021.12.1.608
- Ursachi, G., Zait, A., & Horodnic, I. (2015). How Reliable are Measurement Scales? External Factors with Indirect Influence on Reliability Estimators. Procedia Economics and Finance, 20, 679-686. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00123-9
- Vlachoudi, E. (2021). Effective Educational Units: Perceptions and Attitudes of the Public Schools of Primary Education of Thessaloniki, Master's thesis, IHU, Thessaloniki.
- Vlachoudi, E., Tsekouropoulos, G., & Katsonis, N. (2021). Effective educational units: Perceptions & Attitudes of the teachers of public primary schools of the Prefecture of Thessaloniki. In 7th ENVECON. Economics of Natural Resources & the Environment, 2021, 155-160. University of Thessaly.
- Vlachoudi, E., Tsekouropoulos, G., & Katsonis, N. (2022a). Teacher's perception in school effectiveness: A multilevel study of Primary school in Thessaloniki. In 4th International Conference on Management of Educational Units ICOMEU 2022. Emerging trends in education: A fusion of Pedagogy, Management, Robotics and STEAM, 2022, 144-145. International Hellenic University.
- Vlachoudi, E., Tsekouropoulos, G., & Hoxha, k. (2022b). School effectiveness and educational change: the role of leadership and human resources. In 18th HSSS National & International Conference. The Value Of Systems Thinking In Our VUCA World, 2022, 95. University of West Attica.
- Vlachoudi, E., Tsekouropoulos, G., Tegkelidou, E., & Simeli, I. (2023). Sustainability and quality in education. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics, 9(2). https://doi.org/10.1504/IJSAMI.2022.10052103